No time for big projects ?
Or your model is already on the way and you are late ? We all have had this problem at least once. In such situations you need a Plan.
And my one advice is to know a setup by heart so can build it very fast. In such situations, I go for a clam shell light setup.
- One strobe above aiming down at her at a 45° angle
- One strobe below (chest level) aiming up at her face at 45° angle.
- Set the strobe, the one above, with a little more power than the one below.
- chose a background – I collect different textiles for this.
- make headshots : you do not need a big background
- LIght the BG (or darken it) by moving it away or closer to the strobes.
Trust me, you can be done in 15 Minutes.
Now you are thinking : But Marc, should’nt I prepare my self properly to have great shots ?
You should. But honestly, as a 6 -10pm photographer, sometimes I simply can’t. What about you ?
But Marc, I only have one strobe ?
Well it’s okay, take a white or silver reflector to replace the strobe below. You have to put it a little higher. Here an example :